Sunday, June 6, 2010

Monday, 7 June 2010

Well, last week was ... let's see:
Working with my classes to help them study for final exams;
Proctored two other finals, in addition to giving my own;
Hurrying to grade finals and have all academic grades, behavior grades and comments finished by 1700hrs on Friday evening;
Completely packing up my classroom so that the painters can re-paint without ruining anything;
High school graduation Friday evening (invited to sit at the Pollocks' table for dinner and then the ceremony until 9 or so);
Told my brother, Tim, happy 50th birthday on Skype on Saturday morning;
Talked to my brother-in-law, Jeff, about Barbara, my sister-in-law. The doctors stopped trying to intervene a month ago. Failing rapidly. As she leaned on him, he passed the last thing we would hear from her in this life, one word at a time: "I am living testimony that God's grace is sufficient for all things.";
Passed the good/bad news on to Dan and Craig;
Went to our last faculty meeting until 2pm;
Fellowship Sunday morning, met Nicodemus (you had to be there), watched little girls dance for the Lord, took the Lord's Supper;
Ate lunch at ShaGuoLi (the Rib place) with four of my favorite ladies: Holly Hendricks (college classmate heading back to Texas) and Jodi Chee (Cambodia) have been my two favorite Middle School recruiters (that means 5th grade teachers), Molly Neumann (taking a year away from teaching to study Chinese full-time) is the girl next door (to my classroom) and my beautiful wife, Marilyn (my personal favorite);
Met with two of our local "kids" to talk about important matters relating to assemblying together and seeking wisdom from the Lord;
Woke up this morning to an e-mail that Barbara had entered into Jesus' presence during the night - Praise His Holy Name! ;
Plus odds and ends ...
Got to leave now and pickup tickets for Wednesday's flight to Hong Kong for my knee surgery;
Later ...

No comments: