Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday, 20 June 2010

Today is Father's Day. I miss my dad, Joe Prescott, and Marilyn's dad, Jerry Stowers, and seeing Candi's dad, Howard Eddings. I miss my Grandpas Ted Prescott and Sherman Grissom also.

Had a very, nice quiet day today. I didn't go to fellowship because I really didn't want to climb the six sets of stairs to the auditorium. We watched an old Gaither video. Marilyn made lunch and babied me all day.
Murphy and Nicole came over for dinner and we talked for a while and looked at Romans 6.

I haven't been doing much since we returned from Hong Kong on Thursday evening. I'm only using one crutch around the apartment, exercising my leg, taking my pills, watching live World Cup matches, reading, staying up with fantasy baseball and relaxing.
The staples won't come out for another 2-3 weeks. That slows me down, what with the bandages and all. But, as Dr Kong promised, the knee is not painful ... just the muscles which were detached and reattached. I am very pleased. We go to Beijing on Wednesday to see him and find out what he thinks.

I was thinking some of my brother, David, today. He would have been 59. I wonder ...

I really missed not being able to go to Barbara's memorial service. I reckon it's no big deal to her now. ;-) But I still would have liked to be with family under the circumstances.

Marilyn and I will have our 13th anniversary on Tuesday, the 22d. She is an absolute doll. I love her very much ... more all the time.

If I didn't know who was orchestrating all life events, the things which have happened these last 14-15 years would easily overwhelm me. The news during the past week about a grandson (#14) from Dan and Danielle in November (shopping soon for Christmas flights) and another grandchild (#15) from Tim and Allyson in February are such rich blessings. Other family circumstances, outside of my control, continue to tear at my heart. Yet I will not despair. He has continually proven himself faithful in all things. I trust him.

Later y'all,

2 comments:

Tim said...

Hi Mark! It's a blessing to be your daughter now! :) We are and have been praying for you. And yes... praise the Lord that he is in control of all things... or as you said, I would be easily overwhelmed, too. But, instead, we praise and we trust. He alone is good! As Timmy keeps saying, "Jesus is taking so long to come get us!" I'm ready to go; how about you? :) Love, Allyson

Mark Prescott said...

Allyson,
Thank you very much. I love my daughters. Each of you is so different from the others and yet a blessing to my life.