Friday, April 18, 2008

Second Try

It's very warm in my classroom again today. It's about 86 degrees with a fan blowing on me.
The powers-that-be don't turn on the A/C until about May 1st ... why? Well, it may be that the locals don't stop wearing their longjohns (they call them "second pants") until May 1st.
This morning as I left for school it was about 68 degrees with no wind. The first man passed me, riding his bike, wearing a jacket, hat and gloves.
We had several local university students over for snacks and Rummikub last night. They arrived with faces perspiring heavily. When I asked if they had ridden their bikes, they said that they had all used the bus, but it was very hot and crowded and that the streets were crowded with people. They all appeared to be wearing "second pants". What do I know?

Oh, "second try", right ... this is the second try because when I tried to post to this site earlier today, everything came up in Chinese and I was unable to navigate through the site. I deleted the site and started over, so we'll see ......

No comments: